Weekend Rundown!

Last weekend passed in a flash!  Every day was packed with getting ready for next weekends Christmas at Liberty, spending a few precious moments with Steve or simply catching up on weekly duties that had been overlooked last week.  Sadly I just discovered there will be no pictures from this weekend with this post because I forgot my cord to my camera... oh well I'll post them tomorrow.

Friday night like most of Hampton Roads we were at City Center for Holly Dazzle.  Steve's work has their Christmas party that day every year.... So we go and eat food and hang out with his work buddies for a bit then head down to battle the masses.... and masses there were this year!  I don't think I can remember a time it's been so busy... or maybe I say that every year :) We met up with our friends Kristen and Jarett and their adorable son Elijah.  We've only known them for a short time but love spending time with them!!!  I also love that it does not bother Kristen one bit that one day when our first son comes home he will also be named Elijah!  So we walked and walked and walked.  We ended up on the food end of things and I was appalled when I learned they were charging 14 dollars for 2 apple ciders and a funnel cake... well I was appalled for Kristen cause I wasn't the one buying them :)  Sad to say about 20 min before the fireworks were scheduled to go off we bailed.  We never stay till the fireworks... it's just too cold and this year especially!  We went and got wings and went home to cuddle up on the couch and watch tv in our nice warm house!!! It was wonderful!

Saturday began with the latest we've slept in in weeks!!!! It was glorious to not set an alarm clock and just wake up when we felt it was appropriate!  Steve and I headed out and picked up two of our favorite little boys for a few hours so their parents could run some errands and just have a break.  While I played with them Steve practiced... there's been a lot of that going on lately :)  I kept the boys for awhile then headed to my parents house to "shop".  Both of my sister moved to Australia this past week and could not take all their lovely things with them.  So Saturday I went and took a look to see what was what... I must say I came away with some gems!  Thanks girls! Enjoy the sun! We ended the night with a bowl of the worst soup I've ever had in my life... and I'm so sad to say I made it :( .  I am an impulsive cook.  I like to just throw things together and see what comes out... well it was disgusting and a waste of food in my mind.  I learned a valuable lesson... I hate mushrooms in soup... they zap out all other flavors... and I do mean ALL!!!.  It was like eating and looking at dirty dish water... trust me I'm not making it sound worse than it was.. .even Steve who will eat anything I make asked me to never make that again :)

Sunday was a whirlwind day of worship, family, more worship and watching the rehearsal for Christmas at Liberty.  Everyone is working so hard and it is going to be absolutely amazing!

Ok, tomorrow I'm going to tell the story of how we knew it was time to adopt... I realized last week I've never told that on here and it's kinda neat.  Def. cool how a church member was used and didn't even know it and we don't know who they are so we can't tell them :)

love to all!

Comments