My Life as a Hand Model

I was recently given a promotion at work that essentially allowed to place Senior right before my existing job title. Little did I know what that would bring...

Ok, so it's definitely not that bad. But recently, I've become the resident expert on doing demo's for an iPhone app that we developed for the Army. The last one that I did was for a room full of generals including Gen. Demspey. If you haven't been paying attention to the news, he's being considered for Chief of Staff of the Army, so that's kind of a big deal.

What was hilarious about this, was when I went out to the meeting, I had absolutely no clue who was going to be there. I was assuming that I'd be talking with about 10 people max, not 50+.

So, my promotion ended up meaning that I got to add Hand Model to my title.

In other news, Katie and I have been feeling this huge burden to start writing music. A lot of people at church have been asking us about when our CD is going to come out and it just wasn't the right time. But lately, I've been absolutely invigorated to start writing music. I feel like I've gone back in time where I could pull ideas out of the air and craft music. That's a feeling I really missed.

Pray for us as we start this process. It's the first time we've really tried writing music together. I remember before when Katie would talk to me about doing this, it was always a your music, my music kind of thing. But I guess after leading worship together for the past 3 or 4 years kind of makes you realize how dependent we are on each other, and how we're able to bring out the best in what we do. So here's to the songs we'll sing. Who knows, maybe we'll call in some people for a gang vocal or two...

Comments

Derek M. said…
DO IT! There is something happening under the surface right now that will foster new music, and this area needs more local "post-modern" Christian music artists.
Jeni said…
I can't wait to get ahold of your cd! :)