this is a ramble.... a Katie ramble :)

I've been thinking so much about Africa today!  Yes, I've been thinking a lot about our babies but even more just had the continent on my mind... I know... a bit random.  I guess it's more the fact that I will be standing on that continent, that much closer to my babies in June.  I won't know anything about them, who they are or what they are like at that point.... but I will be closer to them and I can't wait!!!  I am going with my brother to Kenya at the end of June and I AM SO EXCITED!  "D" is one of my favorite people in the whole world!!! I love when we get to spend time together... even more lately as he's getting older and so we're able to do things we both like!!  He graduates June 17th from high school and 2 days later I am whisking him onto a plane and getting to share a part of my heart with him that no one else is my family has ever seen... ok well my sister "S" has been where we're going before and she loves it too.... but the only person I'll have shared Africa with at this point will be my brother and I love that!  He is such a compassionate person... he cares so deeply and I love that about him!!!  We are going to spend two weeks working in orphanages, playing soccer with the kids (well "D" will... I'll get killed if I even attempt it :)), hanging out with some of the kids in the slums and whatever else our friends find for us to do!!!  I am SO excited... I know I've said that already but it's been two years since I've been to this blessed continent and it's in my blood!

So my thoughts:

The more I think I know which road we're headed down... the less I understand or the MORE I get wrong!  Women have this need to control and plan and know where everything is going and how it will happen... God has already started chipping away at that with me just in the planning stages of adoption.  We haven't even applied yet and he's knocked me off my feet a few times... I can't imagine how much we will have changed and been molded by the time we actually bring those beautiful babies home.... and then I'll have a break down I'm sure :)   J/K... ok maybe a small one :)

We've decided unless God makes it clear we need to move that we are staying in our house and not doing an addition.  We don't know what that means for how many we are bringing home but we are still planning on applying for two and seeing what the answer is.  It was amazing how that wasn't even a hard decision... the hard stuff lately has been how busy we've been and how little time we've had to work on anything that we want to get knocked out.... does anyone want to come help us paint and do a few projects around the house?  We'll feed you :)  My hope right now is that on Saturday it's crazy warm ( even though the forecast is not hopeful) and I can get our arbor FINALLY painted.  That beautiful project has been half completed for way too long!!!  Eventually there will be a fence in our front yard... and we're going to start that soon but it would be nice if time and weather would permit for us to work outside for a bit... our yard and the outside of our house are looking pretty pathetic right now :(

Then there's the bathroom... when we thought we were going to sell the house we had decided to just leave it how it was since we were not going to make much on the house... but now that we're staying there....IT. MUST. GET. FIXED.  I cannot stand the mustard yellow walls and green flooring... yes... it is as gross as I just described!!!  We already have planned out what we want to do and have some of the materials... again it's just a matter of getting the rest of the materials and duh duh duhhhh TIME.

So that was a lot of random type I realize but I needed to just type today and see what came out.  I have lots of projects to get started on in the next few months.  House projects, adoption projects, fundraising for adoption projects.... I am toying with the idea of an Etsy shop to help with adoption costs because that is pretty daunting.... but God is faithful and he will provide.

ok, lunch is about over so I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!  If you think of any fundraising ideas PLEASE leave us a comment with those ideas.  We need all the help we can get!

love to all!

Comments