Sell So Much The Kids Think Their Next.....

Why is it so hard to trust Jesus?  Why is it that I question him over and over and over... it's not like he ever doesn't come through... it's not like he's EVER let me down... and yet not trusting him comes so naturally.  I have to daily make myself put aside my fears, my control freak-ness, my desires and trust Jesus.

Over the last week I've had two people come up to me and tell me God woke them up at 3 am and had them pray for me.  It humbled me that God would do that.  That Jesus would think I was worth these dear, sweet people getting less sleep.  It makes me cry every time I think about it honestly... even now.

My emotions have been pretty near the surface this past week.  I stopped trusting God and started stressing out about the steps we needed to take, or I thought we needed to take to be ready to adopt.  Over the last week people have been brought into my life that have spoken wisdom at every turn.  They don't even know they are doing it!  One woman told me on the phone when I told her I was wasting time "don't waste time Katie.  If you don't have anything else to do you can always pray for me and you."  Wow... she didn't even think anything of it but it pierced straight to my heart.  Another that I've been with lately has really inspired me to see the scriptures and not just read them.  To really ask myself what is this saying?  What is it asking me to do?  And she doesn't realize this cause she's just talking about the Bible with me.  Another really challenged me on Sunday to not stress over all these things but to really seek out counsel and to listen to all of it, not just what I want to hear.

God has just been bringing amazing women into my life all over the place and I'm so grateful for it!

Last night we were at our Dave Ramsey class and it was one of the most important classes, the dumping debt class.  As we sat in that class God really started to work on both Steve and I's hearts.  After the class, the leader got up and said some very straight to the point things.  None of us know how much time we have on this earth and the last thing we want to do is mis-use the money and resources that God has given us and leave our family and children with our debts to clean up.  That hit me so hard.  Also the fact that the debtor is really servant to the lender.  Steve and I have made some terrible decisions in the past regarding our finances but I felt like last night we walked out of that class with a clear understanding of what God was telling us.. .and we hadn't even really talked about it yet.  We both knew driving home that we are not supposed to put an addition on our home.  We cannot justify and do not have a peace about going into more debt when we are trying so hard to get out of it.  We also realized that we owe less on my car than it's worth and so most likely my car is going to be sold in the next month.  We will use the money we make on it to buy a reliable but def. cheaper car and pay CASH for it!  That will then leave the 338 a month we've been paying for our car for us to put on debt.  That plus what we are already paying and there are some other things we are going to be selling... one of them is our Wii so if you're interested let me know!!!

Anyways, so we've got some big changes to make... not the ones we thought we'd be making but def. in a better direction.

We are still going ahead with the adoption as planned and are still planning on bringing home two... we will simply wait on God to see if that is going to change.  We prayed for our babies this morning and I was so grateful that God is so much bigger than me!

love to all!

Comments

Jeni said…
Thanks for the post. Praying for you as you take these steps of faith toward adoption! I just can't wait to see those sweet little faces in your pictures!! :)