Volume, Vultures and Vomit...




This past weekend was so much fun!!! Friday night our friend Dave texted about a free show at the American Theatre.  Well we've had a lot of friends that have played there recently but we just hadn't been able to get out to see any of them.  So we decided to head out and hear this band and see Dave.  It was a blast, the band was pretty good and they played some fun songs!  All in all it was a very relaxed Friday night as we prepared ourselves for the 36 hours with two kids that was to come :)











We woke early (for a Sat) (8am ;)) and prepared ourselves for two sweet little boys that were going to be staying with us for the weekend.  Our dear friends Kari and Mark were celebrating their 4 year anniversary and so we got the privilege of keeping the kids.... and it was a BLAST!  I've known Kari since we were kids and it's been so much fun being a part of her kids lives.  By the end of the weekend both Steve and I knew that we are ready to have kids and to have two!!!  In the past we've watched them over night and woke up the next day with both of us saying..."we can wait awhile".  Not this time.  We both were saying "we could have done another night". We took the boys to the Virginia Living Museum with Mya and her kids +1 and it was great!  Then we went home, and had my favorite moment of that night...we had bath time.  Right before we put them in the tub we had an impromptu dance party in the hall way... it was indescribably cute to see those little ones dancing away in the hall.... ahh I love it  and then the boys went to bed :)...

They only woke up once each which was a HUGE improvement on previous times where it was every 2 to 3 hours that we were up.  Sunday we got up and got the boys ready to go.  Steve made them eggs and Magnus gleefully ate them all... well Thaeden wasn't as interested and so we "helped" him eat his food... well that backfired when our "helping" lead to him throwing up all over me.... gross.  So we quickly threw him in the bathtub and I changed and we left thinking he just didn't like breakfast....WRONG.  5 minutes after I took him back to Sunday School the threw up 3 times and one of those times was ON THE TEACHER.  I don't know your name and you probably will never see this but if you do please know I am so, so, SO sorry about that!  Well that meant he was no longer allowed back with the other kids understandably and I was not about to call his mama when they were celebrating their anniversary so I took the day off from singing and Thaeden and I went home.  It actually was a wonderful morning though.  We got him so medicine for his tiny fever he had developed and went home and ate some crackers and then he passed out on my stomach for 3 hours.  It was a glorious time for me cause well... I love to cuddle with a baby!!!  I felt like he was feeling much better so we went and met up with my family at church and went to lunch.  The rest of the day he was fine, just tired and slept more than normal.  All in all it was a fantastic weekend and I loved every minute of it... ok maybe I didn't "love" that moment where I had vomit running down my legs but I didn't hate it either... it just was what it was... it is actually hilarious now that I think back on it.... the smell... not so much!

All in all it was a fabulous weekend and a fun glimpse into what our family may be like in a year and a half to two years!!!  Won't look like that at all but may BE like that :)

Enjoy the pictures from the weekend!!



this is what chasing kids does to Steve :)






trrrouble :)
















he fell... poor baby

she has a minor crush on Steve :)

see I was there :)... just look like I've been chasing kids all day!


so precious!


the end of our sick day :)
love to all!

Comments

Jeni said…
You're so sweet to keep your friends' kids for the weekend! You're totally ready for your own kids when you can deal with vomit like that! :)
Katie said…
It was definitely an experience Jeni! Of course it was also the kid that the first time I met him he pooped all down my front so I wasn't terribly surprised :) Hope you all are doing well... we are "thinking of you" all the time!