The Return of Hopalong....

When I was in high school I was incredibly clumsy.  I'm not kidding... I had incredibly weak ankles and would be walking on GRASS and my ankle would roll and I'd be in crutches... It was ridiculous!  Over time people began to notice how I was always hopping or limping along and they began to call me "hopalong" all out of love of course :/ The name fit so well that my email was even "hopalong" for awhile (thanks for that reminder D-rock!).  So I was pretty pathetic... not only was I social media naive...(I knew nothing... I mean NOTHING) I was also the girl that was always hurt.  Well as I grew older I got more graceful (kinda) and stopped needing my constant companion of crutches.... until today.  Today hopalong returned.  I get to work around 9 am every morning and today we had a meeting right at 9 so I was rushing to get out the door to get here on time.  Well I remembered I had left my bobby pins in the back room (yes this whole thing was over 4 BOBBY PINS).  I looked at the clock and realized I was late so I ran and I mean RAN to the back of the house and "attempted" to jump over the dog gate... what occurred after this can only be explained as sad, pathetic and very painful!  My foot caught on the gate and on my quick descent to the floor my knee slammed into the shoe rack we have there.  As I was laying there, fending off the dogs that rushed in to see if I was ok, all I could think was ..."my meeting".  Well I got myself together and got to work but I didn't make the meeting.  I'm now trying as hard as I can not to move my knee or to walk anywhere because it's angry and I've already cried a TON today!  Anyways, I'm sure this will be really funny in a week or so... until then though its just painful!



Love to all!

Comments

I never knew that's why your email was hopalong...hmmm seems so fitting now. :) Ice and elevation darling...
Jeni said…
I hope you feel better soon, Katie!